East Hartford Public Schools offers a comprehensive program of instruction for grades Pre-K-5, that supports the development of a strong foundation for learning. Each of our elementary schools (one Pre-K Early Childhood Learning Center and eight K-5 Elementary Schools) provides a “high quality learning experience for every child, every day.” Through neighborhood schools and theme-based schools students have the opportunity to gain skillsets in academics, social/emotional development and in enrichment opportunities, as they each foster a love for learning.
East Hartford Public Schools offers a rigorous academic course of study for students in grades 6-12. The program in grades 6-8 serves as a foundation for the advanced knowledge and skills they will acquire in high school. All of the academic subjects that students study are grounded in the Connecticut Core expectations for literacy and math as well as state and national standards for that particular content area. The goal of the academic program is “to provide a high quality education to every child, every day” in an effort to prepare each one for college and/or a career upon graduation. Information about the specific skills and content that students will learn in our secondary academic program can be found in our parent guides that appear on this webpage.
2018 - 2019 Academic Program Guides
- Academic Program Guide Grade 6 (PDF)
- Academic Program Guide Grade 7 (PDF)
- Academic Program Guide Grade 8 (PDF)
- Academic Program Guide Grades 9-12 (PDF)
- Academic Program Guide for Career & Technical Education Grades 6-12 (PDF)
- Academic Program Guide for Fine and Performing Arts Grades K-12 (PDF)
- Academic Program Guide for Health and Physical Education Grades K-12 (PDF)
- Academic Program Guide for World Languages Grades K-12 (PDF)